Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Yoga boy

Sue and I attended our first yoga class last night. It's offered for free at the gym we go to, so we figured, "why not?" We have been talking about this for a little while, so this was an opportunity to check it out. We step into an ongoing class and figured we could at least get a taste.

Let me tell you... this stuff is not for the unprepared. By the end of the class I was sweating as much as I do on a normal visit to the gym. Although we didn't work all that hard, the application of balance, stretching, flexibility, and muscle tension was a real workout. I enjoyed it a lot, and I can see that I have miles to go before I will feel comfortable with my abilities in this class.

Sue felt the same way, and even though she is getting is pretty good shape, she definitely felt about the same as I did after class.

I think I should have tried this about ten years ago.

No comments: