Saturday, May 11, 2013

Voodoo Chile - Korean style

I just stumbled on a most amazing musician I've heard in a long, long time. She goes by the name Luna and she plays a traditional Korean instrument called a gayageum. Now I've heard Korean music played on one of these, but Luna has taken it and made it do some amazing things.

I was speechless and nearly brought to tears. It's no secret that I've been a Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn fan most of my life, but she took two of my most favorite pieces and gave them a sound like I've never heard. I don't know much more than what I've told you. I showed Sue, and we watched it together all the way through.

For some reason, I never get tired of watching her play. There is something mesmerizing about the way she plays that totally captivates me. I'm hoping on one of our trips to Korea in the future, I have the opportunity of seeing her, although I have no clue how I'm going to do this yet. 

Here is Luna rocking out to Jimi Hendrix in her special way. 

Sit back and enjoy!

No comments: