Thursday, February 02, 2017

Treating and Recovering from Achilles Injury


Since I retired, I was able to increase the level of my training significantly. I was given a Fitbit as a gift last August, so I began using it to track my activities. This has been a great help, and from the chart you can see how my effort has improved in such a short time. This has affected my weight, my metabolism, my energy level, and my desire to continue. I still have a long way to go, but everyday since I started I feel better and more encouraged to keep it going. In fact, when I have to skip days, I feel like I am cheating myself and falling off the path. Maybe this is a good thing.



Over the last couple days though, I have felt the right Achilles tendon become sore. It seemed to come on all of a sudden and although I went ahead and ran yesterday, I knew if I didn't make a change, I would only aggravate the situation. And since I was on such a positive roll, I wanted to make sure I give myself the proper care and recovery, so I can get back to my regular training effort.

After doing a little research, I found a few sites with some helpful information. If you are feeling the affects of something like this, I hope these will offer a little help.
Good luck and take care. Waiting to address problems like this will only postpone your effort to get back doing the things you love to do.

Owner's Manual: treating and recovering from Achilles injury

The Ultimate Runner's Guide to Achilles Tendon Injuries

Achilles Tendonitis Treatment


No comments: