Thursday, August 29, 2019

My experiences with Glioblastoma Multiforme

I didn't realize it, but I have a few articles out there from quite a while ago. When they say the internet is forever, they aren't kidding. I wrote this back in 2009 and rereading it now returns some very vivid memories of all the trauma I experienced and also put all of my family went through. I don't ever want to do that again. So much has happened since then in the way my continued existence has affected the people around me.

It was a very dark time in my life and I'm more than just a little fortunate to be here writing this right now. A number of people I know had this same affliction. Some you would know and are well known, and some you would not, who were personal friends of mine. None have survived and sometimes I stop and wonder, why was I different? This is a serious subject and to date, although the technology and understanding of this type of cancer is better known, it is still somewhat of a mystery to science and the medical community. My article is a long read, but describes everything I knew at the time. 

I hope this will help you understand why this is still an emotional period for me and why life now means so much more than I ever guessed it would.

My experiences with Glioblastoma Multiforme


No comments: