Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lingering emotions

I am working past the loss of my brother Tracy, but there is a lot that I will never push past, just as there is from the death of my dad, nearly 15 years ago. I mostly regret the things that they will miss seeing... their kids and grandkids growing up and their accomplishments, and the pride that they would have felt inside knowing that they were responsible for getting is all started.

I found a quote that seems to typify my feelings, and will probably use it more than once... because it fits.

"You'll get over it...' It's the clichés that cause the trouble. To lose someone you love is to alter your life forever. You don't get over it because 'it' is the person you loved. The pain stops, and there are new people, but the gap never closes. How could it? The particularness of someone who mattered enough to grieve over is not erased by anyone but death. This hole in my heart is in the shape of you and no one else can fit. Why would I want them to?” - Eskimo Proverb

No comments: