Saturday, June 06, 2009

A snapshot in time

Someone made a comment that they wished I would update my blog more often. They are right, I should. I enjoy writing, and it gives me a little smile when I think I've done an OK job at my latest piece. I'm pleased to hear someone takes the time to read my ramblings. I'm sure they will out live me, and may someday offer a snapshot in time in the life of just another soul on this planet.
So much has happened, it just goes to show that I need to keep up better.

My brother, Tracy is doing about as well as someone can in his situation. My sister and her husband are taking excellent are of Tracy. Even the nurses who make scheduled stops to check in on them, have great things to say about Tanya's attention to our brother. She is very protective of him, and it shows. After some family flap, my syster and I have finally and fully completed taking over Tracy's care and management. It has allowed us to get all of the right people talking to each other and working together. He hasn't had a health incident, like pneumonia, in a month. This will help him recover from past problems and gain some strength. He seems a lot happier these days.

And now for the really big news... I am a grandpa for the first time.
Our first grand child was born yesterday, and I couldn't be more pleased. She is an amazing 5lb. 6oz. little dream come true. I never thought such a tiny thing could bring a 200lb. grumpy guy like myself to tears, just by holding her as she sleeps. Look at this child and tell me you could refuse getting her that new Ford Mustang. I have a feeling she is going to be my Achilles' Heel.



More to come, but right now, I have to go back to the hospital and hold her just a little longer today.

No comments: