Thursday, June 21, 2012

Finished. Now it's time to begin.

I just finished reading Fit2Fat2Fit.

There were a few surprises in it, but the best parts were when Drew Manning related the unexpected lessons he learned along the way, during his journey. He made personal discoveries and connected with the rest of us on a level that only doing what he did can accomplish. It made for some interesting sideline stories, and it drove the point home that we all have the same kinds of stories in our own life from which we can draw.

He stressed the importance of having a support community around you, and this may be my weak point. As I gather the impetus to pursue my own weight loss/ conditioning program, this is the area where I am the most susceptible to hiccups along the way. I have long ago cast off the need for sodas and fries (except on rare occasions), and I have adopted Drew's spinach shake, but I worry that my ability to maintain the workout and food regimen, is all too easily thwarted by a loss of momentum, which has always been a problem. All the good intentions in the world can be easily derailed with out a firm and realistic execution plan. This one is going to be almost all on me.

Fit2Fat2Fit has shown me that anyone can do it. Now it's up to me to chart my own journey and make it work. Wish me luck.

No comments: