Monday, December 06, 2004

Apeiron for Mac OS X

Ambrosia has put out some great software for many years. I you aren't acquainted with them, I encourage you to give them a look. They put out some terrific games and utilities, some of which I have been playing for a long time.

Apeiron is one of these. It is similar to the old classic Centipede game, and although I never played that, when I first downloaded the Shareware version of Apeiron some years back, I was hooked. High scores became a family feud, which I was often on the losing end when facing off with my two sons, but I always had a great time with it.

When I upgraded my software to Mac OS X, I was a little disappointed in how Apeiron worked in OS 9. Ambrosia was continuing to develop new software, but I still liked the old classics.


ApeironX, originally uploaded by tgolamb.

I was thrilled when Ambrosia just announced that they had released the OS X version of Apeiron. I immediately went out and upgraded my old version, which was a bargain at $5. The initial price of $15 is still a great buy for this game. It is addictiive and a fantastic way to waste a little time (or in some people's case, a lot). The new version also includes links to add your high scores to the internet base, and also lets you view others who have made it their mission to put up scores so high that it will be several lifetimes, before I'll accumulate enough points to be their equal. However, this has not stopped me from giving it my best. Sue also has found it necessary to take a break from Ultimate Solitaire to satisfy her closet addiction to Apeiron. It's frustrating, unforgiving, and lots of fun. I hope Ambrosia continues the upgrading of their other classic games and makes them also OS X worthy. I'll be waiting.

1 comment:

Tink said...

Glad you're enjoying it, Jun. Sue and I have already been comparing scores, and I'm finding out she is pretty good at it.