Monday, November 22, 2004

Blogs a plenty

My wife was still asleep this morning, and since I had already read and answered all my email, read the news of interest, I decided to poke around Blogger.com for a bit by clicking on "Next Blog" to see what was out there.

I found it interesting and worthy of a little of my time. In doing so, I realized several things. Here is my "Top 10 list" of what I learned:

1. There are a lot of people out there experimenting and enjoying the blog experience.
2. There are a lot of people out there with an axe to grind. All that's missing is the soap box.
3. There are a lot of people out there who have no idea what to do with their spare time. Maybe they should find a life away from their computer.
4. There are a lot of people out there with silly, blockheaded, and sometimes vulgar ideas about with to do with their blog. Freedom of speech can be a powerfully good and regretably bad thing in front of an unknown audience.
5. There are a lot of people out there who have some important things to say about serious issues. I promised myself to take more time to look at these in the future.
6. There are a lot of people out there contributing to a common blog collective who speak many different languages. Who knew there were so many?
7. There are a lot of things I don't know about what else is happening in the world, but would like to. I will keep working at this until my brain is full.
8. There are now a lot of things I'd like to say, but don't know how to express them.
9. I have come to realize how insignificant and yet important my one voice is among the many now contributing to the chorus of voices out there.
10. I think everyone should take the time I did and wander around to see what else is out there. It's not a critical "must do", but it will open your eyes to the volume of thoughts and ideas so very different from your own.

No comments: