Saturday, November 20, 2004

Planes and Noodles

OK, we've made the trip back to Seoul for the last time. This last trip was real torture too.

Normally we don't mind it so much. Although the 12 hours or so is a -- not so great -- way to spend your time, the airlines do a pretty goood job of feeding you, entertaining you, and giving you what comfort they can under the circumstances. We've flown Asiana, American, Singapore, and we both feel that Singapore Air is definitely the best among the three, so far. We'll be trying Korean Air too, so judgement has yet to be passed on it.

Anyway, the reason the last trip was so bad has nothing to do with the airline we took. The 6000 miles was an eternity due to a young child of maybe a year old or less. I swear, she must have cried, yelled, or otherwise made a ruckus once a minute for the entire time we were on the plane. Everyone around us was wornout as well. I felt sorry for the parents, but not enough to not be frustrated with them. Next time I'm taking a set of ear plugs with me.

After we got back we treated ourselves to one of my favorite restaurants here called Pho Hoa. It's Vietnamese style food, tasty and a great treat when you're hungry. You can check out their web sites at:

http://www.phohoa.com/ -- or -- http://www.phohoa.co.kr/

I really love the rice noodles there, and get them every time we go. One of these days I'll try something else, but I'm in no hurry. I like what I like and that's good enough for me.

No comments: