Tuesday, November 02, 2004

No pain, No gain

As you can see from the dates, we haven't written much lately. Not much has happened here, and we have been (for the most part) focused on getting ready for our visit to Arizona, and for our relocation back to the states early next year.

We've consistently been hitting the gym and I think it's beginning to show some results. Over the past couple of years our lifestyle changed causing us to be more sedentary. As a result, we got a little softer, and I lost some of the muscle mass I had built up. Getting our diet back in line with the right proteins and carbs has helped, but getting the right workout combination of weight training and aerobic workouts has made a big difference in the way we feel and look. I am regaining some my lost muscle, although it hasn’t been without some pains, to be sure. Sue and I both enjoy the new us, and I think we feel we are getting to the point to where, if we don’t get out and get some sort of workout, we have missed an important part of our day. I hope that is now a habit we can sustain. Our new approach inspired me to get my certification as fitness trainer. Although the credential is nice, the education I received in the process was well worth the effort. I wish now that I had done it earlier.

No comments: